Austin Chaz Line

Monday, October 1, 2012

Decisions....Decisions....

Well it's that point in the year really when it's time to make some tough decisions. Life is full of decisions, and heck there are a ton more decisions that carry more meaning than the ones I will make for 2013 for my cycling season, but they are decisions none the less....

Like the decision of my focus for the next upcoming season. Of course to do that ya have to reflect on the season that has passed. So let's do that for a short bit shall we? I would call the season a moderate success. I underachieved for a portion, and then got a few good results, but I'm a glass half empty kind of guy, so I see the failures more than I see the successes such as winning the Oregon XC Series Cat 1 19-34 Title, and winning a couple crits, doing well in some road races, and more importantly a podium finish at the US Mountain Bike Marathon Nationals. That means I tend to focus on the bad, such as a lackluster finish at the Cascade Cycling Classic in which I finished 13th overall. Not quite what I wanted, but not bad considering the lack of time on a TT bike beforehand. But still I wanted to finish up there in the overall soooo bad, but all it's going to do is motivate me for next year! Speaking of next year....

I have decisions I have to make to ensure I reach my goals this time. Such as the possibility (more than likely) decision of leaving this place I called home for a warmed climate to build a better base for next season. But than there's the decision of what races do I truly want to focus on next year?

I've decided that I'm going to have a steady diet of stage racing to my 2013 calender because ya know what? These are the events that I love the most, and feel that with the proper training I could accomplish some things. Yes I love mountain biking, and the atmosphere that comes with it, but nothing compares to digging deep on a last stage to try to come out on top after a few days of racing. Yes I'll still race some mountain bike races, but the focus is truly going to be on the road stepping forward.

Nothing is 100% certain, but 2013 could be one wild ride!

-Austin Line


No comments:

Post a Comment