Austin Chaz Line

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Bear Springs "Race Report"

Um where do I start? From the top? Oh, ok I can do that I suppose....It all started off rather unassuming when Shane, Bob and I piled into the little subbie, and onwards towards Mt.Hood where the race is pretty close to. Of course we may have been running a little bit late because someone who is usually always running late...well...guess what? He was running late. We basically got to the race venue just in the nick of time for Shane, and Bob to get off to the Short Track race they had signed up for...

When I say nick of time I really, REALLY mean it...They quite possibly did he quickest unloading of bikes, and getting chamoied up that I have ever seen....After all they only had about 5 minutes to get it done. Of course going this quick does have its downfalls...Like Shane forgetting to put on his number plate, so I had to pull off a nascar style pit stop to get his number on and get him back out there to suffer some more. All in all they did well...Although I did lose a bet to Bob that I made to him while he was racing....So yeah...I owe ya a dollar now...

After that it was time to set up base camp, and make some delicious and easy chicken pasta...Yup the best pre-race meal we could come up with the tools we were given. Of course we made a journey around the campground, and visited one particular group that had managed to create FIRE.......Yup...What do they say? If you build it they will come? Well yeah that's exactly what happened. Of course we somehow managed to get challenged to a duel in tomorrows race, and that was interesting...A duel you say? You're on! Of course we had to be the lame ones, and drifted off back to our camp to get some sleep...After all we had to prepare for our "duel"....

Let me tell you one thing that's super nice about camping at the venue where the race is taking place. You roll out of bed at a decent time (Like around 8 A.M.) and then mosey around the campground, while you know everyon else had to wake up uber early to get there, while we got our beauty sleep..Of course being there early definitely helps when nature calls because there isn't a big back log of people waiting to use them.

So we mosied around for awhile, and then decided to get suited up, and if I could describe the way my legs felt when I started to warm up...It would be Turrrrrrible...Yeah note to self don't expect my legs to cooperate when I already put 19 hours on them during the week leading up to the race. But hey what doesn't kill you makes you stronger right?

So about the race...It went...well....I finished, and that's all that's important right? I could write on and on about all the coulda, woulda, shoulda's but those are just excuses in the end. All in all there was just a bunch of people who performed better than I did, and that's the bottom line, but I do feel my legs are going to be stronger now after a week like that...22 Hours in the legs...Yup...I hope they get better...Next up: Chainbreaker!!! A race I absolutely love because it's a power course, and well I got the Powaaaaa!


Until next time,

-Austin Line
Trinity Bikes Cycling Team

No comments:

Post a Comment