Austin Chaz Line

Monday, February 6, 2012

It's almost here...

So it's been awhile since I've made a post, and I thought that with the first race of the season approaching now is a better time than ever to make one. Of course just because I haven't updated this blog in a few weeks doesn't mean I haven't blogged at all...I blogged about our recent trip to the Valley for some flagger training, and since I don't feel like re-posting it. You can check it out here on the teams blog here..

http://trinitybikescycling.blogspot.com/2012/01/flagger-training.html

It's been a whirlwind past few weeks to be honest. I just completed my first week of Base 1 training, which is putting me right on schedule to be in top form for Mountain Bike Nationals in Sun Valley, Idaho and of course the Cascade Cycling Classic in my good old hometown of Bend, Oregon. To be honest the legs aren't feeling to bad after the 15 or so hours I put on them this week, so I'm extremely excited to keep this going, eventually building up with some high intensity stuff...Oh did I mention in two weeks is the first road race of the season? Yup in two weeks Shane and I will be heading down to Corvallis to test our early season legs..I'll be sure to let everyone knows how that works out. Although I'm not expecting much, I would love nothing more than to have a decent result down there, but it won't be the end of the world if I don't...If there's one thing I have learned it's that people who are fast in the spring usually are toast by the time summer comes around, which is when the racing really begins.

I have to mention one last thing before I wrap this post up. I have to give a huge thanks to Bob, and Shane. They are not only my teammates, but are two of my best friends whom I consider family more than anything. We push each other to train, and when were training we push each other harder than anyone ever will. There's an extremely positive vibe within the team right now because of that. We are expecting big things out of ourselves, and the team this year. Everyone better watch out for the blue and white checkers this year! The Trinity Bikes Cycling Team is going to be making some noise!


-Austin Line


No comments:

Post a Comment