Austin Chaz Line

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

New Year, New Motivation, New Team...

With 2011 in all it's glory coming to an end, I decided to bring aboard a blog for the new year to give out race reports, and other random things that I feel like writing about. Let's see where should I start...

2011 was an off year of sorts for me..I started training to late in the season, and really never trained like I should of to achieve the results I wanted..Was it burnout after a couple years of going hard at it, and racing nearly every weekend? It's a possibility, but to be honest I believe it's probably the best thing that could of happened. I am back with more motivation than I have ever had, and have a ton of things to be excited about for the 2012 season.

The biggest change that I made for the upcoming season is a switch to the Trinity Bikes Cycling team. This is a move that I'm really excited about for various reasons. It was hard to make the switch to a new team, and move on to a new chapter in my racing, but I know this was the right decision for me.I'm not saying that my previous team, Sunnyside Sports isn't a great team, because it is. In fact I will miss the everyone over there on the Sunnyside Sports team that supported me when I first started, and they are truly great people over there. I just thought that it was an opportunity that I couldn't pass up. There is so many reasons I am excited about being part of the Trinity Bikes team.

I love the smaller team vibe you get from being on a team with a select group of people, who not only are great riders, but are also probably my closest friends. These are guys that I not only spend time racing, and training with, but they are the guys I hang around when I'm not racing or training as well. That is something I really didn't have the past few years, and is one of the biggest reasons for coming aboard for 2012 (And Shane wouldn't leave me alone until I finally signed the contract to join. Just kidding buddy...)

There is many other things though..Like the feeling of being part of something bigger than just racing. I got a taste of the community events that I will be participating in as a Trinity Bikes Cycling Team member. Like when Bob Gilbert, and I went down to a local elementary school to help the people at Commute Options teach the kids not only how to ride safely, but show them how fun cycling can be. It gives you the feeling of giving back to the community, which I can't get enough of, and call me over sensitive, but it gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling inside that I'm doing something good. Giving back to the community for all that I have been given in this life.

Trinity Bikes will be putting of cycling events this year, which I'm excited to be a part of as well. I got to help in the 2nd Fat Tire Crit, and there's nothing like going in the parking lot, coming up with a design of how you want the course to go, and then seeing it come to life as you put it together. This was of course with the help of Bob Gilbert..Then ya go, and see the little kids, and how much fun they have riding around the course, and after they're done they cheer and watch us in the A race. It's kind of weird because I don't think of myself as an elite cyclist (At least not yet :)...) But these kids truly look up to us, and it's fun to talk to them after the race, and answering the many questions they have. Then of course at the end of the day we're able to do a few laps with them, which is always a good time.

I'm sure there are a bunch of other reasons that I'm leaving out, but I'm running out of time here. I have been spending quite a bit of time with my new teammates doing some cold winter rides, and we're all looking forward to the possibilities this team has for the 2012 season. I will be posting up another blog on my main goals, and focus for the 2012 racing season, but I'm still putting the finishing touches on that, so it will be up as soon as I finalize where my focus will be next season.

Until next time, keep the rubber side down

Austin Line

No comments:

Post a Comment